INTRODUCTION OF THE COURSE
The student would be able to learn advanced songs, This may include songs from the student's interest in a specific Genre. playing methods like a hammer on, pull off, alternate picking.
Understanding different types of processors and loopers.
Understanding core theory like Modes and different major 7 chords and dominant chords in song playing
DETAILS ABOUT THE COURSE
1) Major Scale Construction
2) Circle of 5ths
3) Natural, Parallel, Relative Minor
4) Harmonic Minor
5) Classical Melodic Minor & Jazz Minor
6) Chord Family of Major Scales and Minor Scales
7) Expanded Chords (Sus, Add, 7ths, 9ths, Augmented and Diminished)
8) Pentatonic Scales (Major, Minor & Blues)
9) Blues Progressions
10) Modes (Major & Minor Scales)
11) Introduction to Jazz (Refer Rockstar Grade 5 Guitar Book)
1) Rockstar Guitar (Grades 3,4,5)
2) Trinity Rock & Pop Grade 3 to Grade 8 pieces (Ideally Prepare them for the highest Grade they can possibly take - for e.g. if they are at Grade 3 now, take them up to Grade 6 in this tenure)
1) Alternate Picking
2) Palm Muting
3) Finger Picking
4) Hybrid Picking
5) Sweep Picking
6) String Skipping
7) Ladders & Scale Exercises
9) Hammer On
10) Pull Offs
11) Blues Bends
1) Improvising over different styles - Blues, Funk, Metal, etc
2) Composing a song with parts (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Solo, Bridge etc)
3) Playing over changes in a Jazz Context (Refer to Rockstart Grade 5 - tons of material)
LEARNING OUTCOME FROM THE COURSE
Learning outcomes based on the progress of the students
16 sessions - 20 % of the course content
48 sessions - 40 % of the course content
96 sessions - 80-100% of the course content
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
Students will be covering advanced level topics that will help them kick start their professional music career
Furtados School of Music
Fsm Certified Teacher
Furtados School of Music (FSM), today is a name synonymous with music education in the country. They are committed to bringing organized music education to children across age groups in partnership with leading schools in India. Starting in 2011, in a short span of time FSM has grown not only in terms of school and non-school centres , but also in terms of faculty, infrastructure and the variety of courses taught. Today there are more than 180 school and non-school FSM centers, imparting music education to over 75,000 students. FSM faculty consists of highly motivated and passionate teachers drawn from a diverse mix of experienced and young musicians from India and abroad. Apart from being qualified musicians, they are extensively trained to impart an enjoyable and exhilarating music learning experience to students. Integral to FSM’s success is a world-class curriculum designed by leading educators from across the world.
Our teachers are extensively trained for teaching with our proprietary teaching techniques and get certified based on our tough exams. Their classes are continuously monitored by our Q&A team and panel of coaches to ensure quality classes are delivered.
Furtados School of Music, an enterprise that sowed its visionary seeds in the year 2011, has now blossomed into one of India’s leading and most trusted brands in imparting the gift of music to every musically-inclined soul. An organization that thrives on creative growth has now emerged as an avant-garde venture that has successfully delivered quality music education to more than 1,50,000 students across 200 schools and 15 centers and has managed to leave an indelible mark over 75,000 students online.
The online venture of Furtados School of Music ‘FSM Buddy’ is one of the most promising ventures in the Ed-tech space. It aspires to fuel the creative aspirations of every passionate learner by giving pedagogy a multifaceted approach. As they continue to offer enriching insights on a diverse range of creative avenues, they also connect students to a community of certified educators who collectively ignite a flame of creativity in their minds.